Thursday, December 19, 2013

Postcard Art - Funky Town BD

The first step towards creating my tape transfer was to select various images from magazines that would be easy to transfer. I cut the images out and tape it entirely. With a Popsicle stick I burnished the tape on top of the image, but cautious of not doing it too hard.After that I cut out excess tape and then place the tape transfer into a bucket of warm/hot water. While I waited for that to process I created more tape transfers. After a couple of minutes I removed the tape transfer from the bucket of water and began to rub away all the paper from the back side of the image. I was careful of not rubbing or scratching away the image. Lastly, I thought of a way to incorporate most of my tape transfers to my background. I decided to do something fun and colorful.

   This was the first time that I've done a tape transfer and it really was amazing to learn how simple materials can create nice pieces of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment