Thursday, December 19, 2013

Postcard Art - Samantha Rodriguez- "Dark Sundays and Sunny Mondays"

In order to make a tap transfer art piece, I first used packaging tape to tape over the image I wanted. The image I choice (which can barely see now) was a blurry/transparent photograph of a house in the woods during the winter time. It gave off a dark, eerie mood. Once the image was taped I rubbed the tape down to the image to make sure the ink of the image was collected. After that I soaked my taped image in hot water in order to soften the paper. Once the paper was soften I rubbed it off until I had my transparent image. I did an overlay of my artwork with the tape transfer. Once that was done I went over the tape transfer with paint to have a better flow for my art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment