Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Postcard Art - Joel Ponce - New Night

                                      New Night

My work is taken from Vincent van Gogh work starry night, I choose this work from him, because there is so much going on, so I took the basic part of the painting which I though was the city, and I made my own version of the sky. I at first didn't have an idea in what I was going to do, so I wanted it to keep the sky at night, I painted it dark, but I didn't wanna keep it all dark, but I didn't want it to make it too bright so I added a blue that was right color to me not a bright blue, yet not too dark. I added the blue low around the sky, and I wanted to make the top of the sky different kind of odd, and an otter space look and feel, so I decided to make it a bright red. Now I started thinking in where I was going to place the town, I wanted the town to look like if it was hid in from the rest of the world so I made the otter of the town look empty. Doing this I was hoping to give the village a magic look, and feel, so at the top off the mountain I added a red ball just to make the viewer wonder, and think what could that mean. the black part of the sky looked empty so I added some stars.        

No comments:

Post a Comment