Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Kevin Najera: Artist Statement and Artist Tags

Kevin Najera
Topics in World Art
Period: 1st



Art Statement


                My image is basically my nickname with all the things I love in words. The letter K is represented as a saxophone because it is an instrument I play and I love it. The letter O is represented as a soccer ball because I love playing the sport and it is so much fun. The letter R is represented by the Nike sign because all their slogans clearly represent me. Examples are “Risk Everything” and “Just Do It”. The N represents the love of running and exercising in general. My artist self is simple and straight to the point. I am not the best artist but I love to just focus and think about the things I love, which art does for me. What I want the viewer to think of me is that I love taking risks when necessary (hence the Nike sign), love music, love exercising and love soccer. Basically I want them to know that I enjoy life to the fullest.





No comments:

Post a Comment