Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Nicole Trinidad: "Strength In Love"





My image is a heart with a sword going through the top right side and coming out the bottom left side. There is a banner going across the heart and on the banner it has my name, Nicole, spelled out in all caps. It expresses my identity by portraying a commonly ‘cute’ image and adding an element, such as a sword that connotes an almost ‘tough’ feeling. I feel as if it adds on as a description of who I am because I’m expressing both sides of my own personality which is somewhat sweet but also depicting this image of toughness and strength. I describe my artist self as more edgy while still trying to remain ‘girly’ and ‘cute’. I want to portray a feeling of strength in these normal, everyday ‘girly’ objects.  I want the audience of my artwork to understand how everything seems to join together and create an entire image with an actual meaning that can define me through the smaller aspects of artwork. 





No comments:

Post a Comment