Monday, November 25, 2013

Postcard Art - Karina Nicole Arciga "Finding Superman"

My piece is “Finding Superman”. This was a brand new type of art work for me to learn. I have never done this before but it was really cool to do. Though, it was hard, I learned how to be patient with the Tape Transfers. At first I was really frustrated when I was taping, trying to soak the picture, and trying to rub off the left over paper in the back of the tape transfer. That got me really impatient and mad. Some of the materials I used were 3 new pictures, tape, warm water, air bubble stick, and a bucket. First I cut out three pictures I really liked. It didn’t have to be related to the other pictures it’s just what you liked. Then, I put take over my pictures I cut out. Next, I burnished them, that’s when you sort of take out the air bubbles. After I burnished the pictures, I placed them in a warm bucket of water to soak in. After I let the pictures soak for a while, I rub away the paper in the back with my finger gently. I had to make sure I didn’t rub so hard or so much because then I would rub away the picture that was left.
            This was a new experience for me. I really enjoyed doing tape transfers because it’s different than just painting or drawing but it was really difficult for me to rub away the back of the picture and to soak the pictures for a while. This project really taught me to be patient and to give up so easy. It was hard at first but with practice it got a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment