Monday, November 25, 2013

Postcard Art - Rebeca delaTorre- "Music Takes me Home"

Rebeca delaTorre- "Music Takes me Home"


As I was working on this, I used to the media to explore ideas. I kept on running into a lot of cool things, but I somehow kept coming back to music. Maybe its because its always been such a huge passion of mine. I wanted to incorporate it in my postcard, so that is what I ended up doing. Throughout the process, I have to admit, I did get frustrated. That was only because I had chosen a good quality magazine to work with. So yes, I was frustrated at a certain point, but in the end, it was all worth it. For the finished piece, I was a little disappointed only because I knew that I could have done a better job at planning it. However, it doesn't mean I totally hate it. I still like it very much, but I know that I was capable of a much better job. Then again, this was my first time doing a tape transfer so I still have much to learn. I hope to continue to work with tape transfers. Its one of the coolest things I've done when it comes to art.

No comments:

Post a Comment