Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Postcard Art - SilvaCynthia Chi-City

Throughout the project I wasn't sure what I wanted, I just knew I wanted to involve Chicago. I painted the background red to represent both the violence and passion in Chicago. Many people think Chicago is full of violence, which it is, but there's a lot of passionate people here as well. That's why I included the words in "tagging letter" to represent how these letters are connected both to the tagging crew and gangs here in Chicago; but also many people around the city use this type of art to express themselves and art. There's a black slash in the card to split the city almost, the smaller side is darker which represents the violence in Chicago and the bigger brighter side to represent the passion good and hope in Chicago still. I put Chi-city instead of Chicago because to think it represents it better and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment