Friday, February 21, 2014

Appropriated Art - "The Legend Begins", by Moises Perez

Venture

Walking through this darkness for so long has gotten me disoriented. My kinesthetic sense no longer feels natural. This bright light suddenly appears in front of me out of nowhere, as if I’ve stumbled across a door leading to another world. I step closer, hearing the clunk of my boots against the wooden log beneath me. My head peeks out of the log, peering out into the environment surrounding me. My hand comes off the wooden wall, and my feet step onto the greenery before me.
This is supposed to be a sacred place, but for some reason, the grass is freshly cut; the aroma of it pierces my nose in the best way possible. It smells delicious, complimented very well by the lush scent of fresh air that radiates from the trees that surround me. The tops of them are thick, barely letting in any light but still managing to keep the place well lit.
The untouched beauty of the nature around me diverted my attention away from my task at hand. I look forward, towards the one place that receives a full shower of light. Small woodland creatures surround me, with no intimidation, solely the intent to watch me approach closer. They look happy, as if they are eager to see me. As I get closer however, their natural instinct causes them to trot away into the bushes, where they continue to watch.
I step onto the one paved granite, and walk slowly towards my target. The closer I get, the stronger and empowered I feel. Placing my right hand upon the hilt, I feel the strength and the energy emanating from it. My other hand wraps around the first, and I slowly tug them both upward. With a small gleam of light escaping from the stone before me, I relinquish the sword entirely from the pedestal, feeling the energy of all the other beings who once held this in their hands.
Holding the Blade of Evil's Bane in my hands, I continue onward to my next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment