Friday, February 21, 2014

Appropriated Artwork: Cynthia Silva: Downtown with Grandpa


   Sitting on the train next to mu grandpa I can hear him snoring as he sleeps. I can smell his cologne that her always wears. He has his brown jacket as usual and his classes. Even with his big glasses you can see big bushy eyebrows.His white hair covering his head. I then feel the train slowing down as it comes to a turn. I can hear the train running over the train tracks. I smell all kinds of foods people re eating from honey bus to subway sandwiches. As i watch people eat, I listen to the announcements no one ever listens to. Stating " there's no eating or loitering" and yet people continue to eat.
    I look out the window and watch the buildings flash pass us, all the taggings on the buildings. I hear the doors open and people coming on and off the rain. I can hear the street cars as the doors continue to be open. I look up to the map with all the train lines: orange, brown, and red lines. I watch closely at the orange line because that's the one we're on.
  I realize there's two more stops until e need to get off and begin to wake up my grandpa. Before I know it, I hear " Roosevelt" which is our stop. We rush off the train and I hear the doors close and listen as the train swipes past us. We walked down the stairs and the jewelry store was right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment