Thursday, February 20, 2014

Appropriated Artwork - Samantha Rodriguez - Wanderlust.

Dear Friend,
            It was getting bad again. My life was getting to chaotic and I didn’t know what I could do anymore. I had that feeling that I’m here but I’m not, that someone cares but there’s no one here. It was driving me crazy…
I decided one morning to take a walk, like we used to. Do you remember those walks? It was so early. The sun was barely up and there were hardly any cars driving around. I took that path down the road; the one that led to the forest. Oh how I always adored that path.
            It was so bright. The early morning gave off this bright blue light. I don’t think the sun was out yet, but then again how could one tell with the trees just overpowering the sky. I looked up and saw only trees. They made me feel so tiny in this world; so minimal in the universe. I closed my eyes as I continued to walk down the path.
            Inhale.
            I smell the trees. The fresh pine aroma fills my body, almost taking me away. I smell the dirt. This scent makes me feel absolutely one with my environment. I feel one with the earth.
            Exhale.
            I hear every step I take. The crunching of twigs and leaves under me. Those birds in the distant; every cheep and chirp they make. It makes me feel so at ease.
            I open my eyes now… I don’t recognize my surroundings. I’m… I’m lost. I turn around and look at the ground; the path is gone. I’m lost.
            I don’t feel scared. The trees don’t seem so overpowering anymore. I feel… free. I’m free. I’m not lost; I’m free. I feel so at ease. My body is spinning and my mind is everywhere and nowhere all at once. All the little problems are nothing. I never thought I could feel this way again. So happy. So… ugh, the feeling is so unexplainable.

            I never thought I could feel so happy; not until that day. I never thought I could see so much beauty. But I did. My whole outlook; changed. It was… miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment