Friday, February 21, 2014

Appropriated Artwork: Mario Ortiz, Halloweenland.


I thought this was a normal town. Usually, I'd wake up in the morning, take a walk in the park, feed some birds on the way and maybe grab some coffee on the way back. Not this morning. This morning, the smells of burning rubber, and boiling blood filled my bedroom. This morning, I looked out the window, only to see that the sky had been replaced with lava, and the sun, with a demonic head. Residents from all over the town ran in panic as no one knew how to react to such a catastrophe. No one was prepared for this. Sweat rushes down my forehead slowly as I nervously make my way downstairs. I mustn't leave home today, I thought. I must stay safe. Then suddenly, I heard the overbearing sound of something crashing through my upstairs window. It sounded enormous. My heart began to beat twice as fast. I started to make my way up the stairs when out of nowhere: BOOM. Another one. This time right behind me. My house gradually started falling apart, with pieces of brick and dust scattering all over the floor. My first thought was to leave the house. I needed to to at least have a chance to escape this terrible fate. I swiftly ran toward the front door, and when I went to touch the knob, my hand shot back. It was scorching hot. I turned around, and right behind me was a man. He slightly resembled the man who replaced the sun. This was Halloweenland; and I was not ready for what was to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment