Thursday, February 20, 2014

Apropriated Artwork - Jennifer Martinez, Hollow World



                I see a big world full of colored blocks and the diagonal lines. I see the lines starting to have a pattern as they each start to develop. It sort of reminds me of a spider web when it’s being made. The only thing I notice is the lines appearing. I look around to see if there is others, but I can’t find anyone. I look at the blocks and they are all colorful; they remind me of a rainbow. I decide to walk around and explore. As I go down the diagonal lines I notice they’re really slippery. When I try to go up its hard because they’re so slippery. I feel like a little kid trying to go up a slide.
I start smelling different scents but I am not sure where they’re coming from. I walk around trying to find were the scents are coming from then I realize they are coming from the colored blocks. The red one is cherry, yellow is banana, blue is blueberry, green is lime, etc. I step away for a second and inhale everything at once. I can almost taste all of the flavors like having a bunch of skittles in your mouth at once. I think it’s an amazing feeling!
I decide to stay quiet to see what I hear. At first I don’t hear anything, but then I concentrate. I hear like a hollow sound getting louder and louder. At some point I feel scared because I am alone. The sound reminds me of when I listen to a shell. It sounds scary but at the same time I think it’s pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment