Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Ghost Busters" Adriana Gomez 5th

Artist Statement

My idea for my altered street sign was ghost busters do not enter sign. I chose this idea because of a song, it’s called Ghost busters  It’s a song from the old days and since I like oldies music it was perfect. I also got this idea from the movie ghost busters, they have the sign I made on the movie, I kind of got the idea from that as well because I like the movie. How I want people to react to this sign is don’t enter or else something will follow you home, like a ghost. I think if it were in the streets some people would have a good laugh or at least a smile on their face when they see it. I developed express and develop craft because I was trying to express what I was trying to show a new way of a do not enter sign. I showed it by doing the ghost busters sign. Developed craft because I've never done a stencil paper before so mostly all the tools I used were something new to me like the x acto knife, the stencil paper, gesso paint to make the paint in the stencil paper darker. My over all experience to this project was fun, because it’s something new. Maybe in the future I will use this just to make signs around my house or maybe just for fun; I’ll probably show people how to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment