Monday, October 21, 2013

Moises Perez - Gotta Catch 'Em All!

The idea for my final artwork derived mostly from my love of video games. The ones that I have loved since childhood tend to influence my artistic prospects the most. The initial idea of my artwork was to alter a circular road sign and tweak it so that it is more reminiscent of a Pokeball, that comes from the popular Pokémon franchise of games, trading cards, and TV shows. Although the original colors of the Pokeball were intended to be retained, they were changed in order to more closely resemble the default road sign. At the end, this caused me to realize that I had not planned out the artwork as well as I had thought I did, due to having used a “Do Not Enter” sign as my base.
As a result of my poor planning, observers may get the wrong the wrong idea of the message my artwork may be conveying, even though I honestly did not have a real idea to begin with. Because of this poor planning, I feel as though my artwork was unsuccessful. Despite this, however, I would be very willing to display my artwork inside a toy or gaming store, in order to appeal to the other gamers of the community.
My process involved really expressing something that is near and dear to me, through art. This project made me more willing to accept the shortcomings of my artwork. My art was not as successful as I would have wanted it to be, and due to time constraints, I was unable to improve upon my concept. Messing up this way taught me to plan my ideas a little more carefully so that my artwork can be more successful.


Gotta Catch ‘Em All! Pokemon Y is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment