Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Juan Ramirez "Go Skateboarding"

Juan Ramirez
Multimedia art 5th
10/18/13

            The idea of my altered sign was to encourage skaters to go out and skateboard. All over Chicago I see “no skateboarding” signs or people getting kicked out of places. With my sign I want people to go skateboard, I want people to go skateboard wherever they want. I want my sign to be put all over the city to encourage kids to have fun and do something they enjoy like skateboarding. I want my sign to be seen al over the word; I want my sign to be carried with skaters on June 21st which is national go skate day. I want people to e encouraged and feel safe. People brings all types of people together which is why I like it so much and encourage it.

Well before I even did anything I had to think about my ideas and the sign I wanted to make. Once I had an idea of what I wanted I used my tools after learning how to use them properly. After getting the shape of my sign and how adding the paint, I had to make new things like making stencils. I went and learned many new things with all these steps and projects. I like how my stencil came out in the end, for my first time I think it came out pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment