Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jonathan Mendiola "Enter Here

 



My altered street sign consist of a “Do not enter” street sign. I made so it can confuse people, confusing and original. The reactions that I expect from people is, the thought of it being original, unique, and creative.  I would like to see my sign as a real actual street sign out in the streets where you can actually enter. But the design of the street sign will make drivers think twice before they enter!
I never really experimented with art or art tools before and never really knew how to properly us art tools. Each art tool has specific ways to use and hold. Some holding techniques or for the safety of the artist and other for the quality the tool will produce for you. After days of practice I learned to use a sponge to apply paint to my art correctly and an x-acto knife properly to make precise cuts and use safety concerns.  Like I said before each art tool has its specific way of using it, it just takes practice to master it.  The personal meaning I gave to my art work is creativity, and confusion. I want people to be confused when they look at my art, but at the same time I want them to think it’s creative, original, and unique.  I want to see my art as a difference in society instead of seeing graffiti on street sings I want them to see something original and creative. That’s what I want my art to stand out for.
 
           



No comments:

Post a Comment