Thursday, October 24, 2013

David Campos: EAT



My idea for this altered sign was to make a sign that was extremely similar to the original, but different enough to notice right away. I used the “Do Not Enter” sign as a base, and altered the message, by making the sign look like a cheeseburger. The reaction I wanted to get from the viewer was for them to see it and be somewhat amused and also have a lasting impression of it for the rest of the day.
While working on this art piece, I began to develop better techniques for my craft. I learned how to properly pace myself in completing each important step. As a class, we worked at a certain pace, and I had to do something different in order to keep up. I did multiple practice prints to make sure my stencil would work on the actual thing. It took me about 2 weeks to fully complete the sign, with all the planning, practicing and creating that took place in between.

Overall, I’m not as satisfied with the final product as I thought I would be when I first planned it. I think it has a lot to do with the time factor and the lack of options after already starting the design. I also didn’t correctly cut out the “A” in “EAT”. I do like the way I cut out the circle shape, and also the depth of the 2 colors on it. Next time, I’ll be a little neater, and try to come up with a clearer image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment