Monday, October 21, 2013

Marcus Haskins - Altered Stop Sign


The idea for my altered stop sign came from me just wanting to be fun. It was something simple I thought everyone would be able to understand. I want people to react in a surprised way – leave them wondering like: “What is going on? What is this?” because usually a stop sign is used for stopping, except mine says “Can’t Stop Running” which is kind of changing it up a bit and telling people to go. A place where I would like to see this would probably be in Chicago, so I can pass by it every day.
My experience with 2 of the habits while making this artwork was simple. I had to envision ad learn to develop craft, basically. In my envisioning process, I had to plan out what I was going to do, such as deciding how I was going to alter the stop sign, and what words or shapes would fit and make sense. In developing craft, being a bit lazy sometimes, it took me a minute to get in the habit of using the tools properly, putting them away, and even cleaning them. I felt like this was a good learning process, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment